Our skin is delicate and fades when it comes in contact with pollutants. Today, every woman struggles to get smooth and glowing skin. Whatever the skincare routine you follow, a face toner might be your must-go product. But do you know how to use a face toner in the right way? It is a revolutionary skincare product that has been recommended by beauty professionals to perfectly maintain the skin.
Including a face, toner might transform your skincare regimen. It serves to moisturize your skin, regulate the pH level, and get rid of any lingering pollutants after cleansing. If you dream of getting celebrity-like skin, you must know the right way to use face toner. In this blog, we will share a step-by-step guide on using face toner to get glorious and show-stopping skin.
What Exactly Face Toner Does To Your Skin?
Face toner as the name suggests is used to improve the tone of the facial skin. It is one of the essential skincare items used by beauty artists to bring back the natural glow of the skin. A toner is used along with other products and is a vital part of the skincare routine. After using a cleanser and before applying a moisturizer or serum, women apply face toner as a skin care product.
It is often used to maintain the pH balance of the skin. Usually, our skin's oil and sweat combine to create a layer known as the acid mantle. The pH of this layer is between 4-5 which is acidic. This pH gets messed up and turned alkaline by harsh soaps or cleansers. The role of the face toner is to bring this PH level into balance. When you use the face toner, it naturally enters the skin regimen and maintains the balance of the PH level.
Top Benefits Of Using A Face Toner
Before we share the exact steps on how to use a face toner in the right way, let’s see its benefits to the skin. Even though a toner resembles water, it contains considerably more than just hydrogen and oxygen which benefits the facial skin.
- Your skin's pH levels can be restored by a face toner, keeping it supple and healthy.
- Even after thorough cleansing, traces of makeup and stubborn grime may still be present. After cleansing, a face toner helps you to get rid of all the dirt.
- For skin prone to acne, it can reduce pore size and get rid of all the extra oil on your face.
- It creates an extra layer of protection, lowering the possibility that environmental toxins may get onto your skin.
- A toner may have moisturizing properties. Some contain humectants, which are components of skin care that draw moisture from the environment and deliver it to the skin.
Also Read: How To Get Rid Of Tan Lines?
How To Select The Face Toner Based On The Skin Type?
Depending on the facial skin type, face toners have a variety of components that target dull and damaged skin cells. Before purchasing a face toner, be sure to check the ingredients as some may contain strong substances.
- If you have normal skin, look for components like Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Hyaluronic acid, and Glycerin in the face toner.
- If your skin is prone to acne, check for Alpha hydroxy acids in your toner, such as Glycolic acid. This may lessen the visibility of pores. Salicylic acid is a wonderful alternative, but if you have sensitive skin, it may irritate you.
- Look for calming components like Aloe vera and Cucumbers as major ingredients of a face toner in case you have sensitive skin.
- You should also check any antioxidant- and hydrating-infused toner if you are in your 30s and 40s.
- Some components that are calming for dry skin include Witch hazel, Aloe vera, Grapefruit seed extract, and vitamin E.
- The finest products for oily skin are those containing sandalwood, willow bark, lavender, clary sage, and tea tree.
Who Should Use A Face Toner?
A face toner is open to all. It not just treats acne but also manages various skin issues. A face toner’s true objective is to balance the pH of your skin. You should avoid toners with alcohol, menthol, or perfumes because these ingredients might disrupt the skin's barrier. Women of all ages who want smooth skin and suffer from skin issues can use face toner. It is not limited to any age, if you are among the age group of 40-50, you can also use a toner as part of your skincare routine.
What You Should Apply A Face Toner?
After cleaning your face, you must use a face toner before applying serums, face oils, and moisturizers. A toner should be applied immediately following any double cleansing or exfoliation you plan to do on your skin but before any moisturizing or skin-repairing products.
This is because washing helps remove any surface pollutants that may be obstructing your skin, and face toner serves as a catalyst to ensure that the skincare products you apply thereafter will penetrate your skin and produce positive effects. However, there are still more advantages to utilizing a toner. You should apply the face toner in the morning and keep applying it for some time. However, if you follow the skincare routine of the night, you can use a face toner at that time at your convenience.
How To Use A Face Toner: A Step-by-Step Guide
The right process on how to use a face toner can bring you the desired results. If you are using a face toner for the first time or seeking the right way to apply it, these steps will help you in every aspect. We have shared the exact process of applying a face toner in a professional way.
Step 1- Cleanse Your Face
It's crucial to completely cleanse your face to get rid of any makeup, grime, or pollutants before applying a face toner. Rinse your face with warm water after using a mild cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type.
Step 2- Take Face Toner To Cotton Pad
The next step is to take a small amount of toner to a cotton pad. A lot of amount of toner might dry out your skin, so try to limit how much you use. You want to apply just enough toner on the cotton pad to dampen it, but not enough to make it dripping wet.
Step 3- Apply The Toner All Over Your Face
Apply the face toner all over your face using the cotton pad while avoiding the eye area. Avoid massaging the toner into your skin; instead, be gentle. To apply the toner evenly, use small, sweeping movements instead.
Step 4- Permit The Toner To Dry
Give the toner 10-15 minutes to dry thoroughly after applying it. This will facilitate the toner's absorption by your skin and get it ready for the subsequent step of your skincare regimen.
Step 5- Keep Practicing Your Skincare Routine
You can carry on with your normal skincare regimen after the toner has dried. Apply a moisturizer and any other skincare items you use.
Don’t Forget To Read: 6 Natural Essential Oils For Skin Tags
Now, you have the exact steps on how to use a face toner in the right way. It will be easy for you to use a face toner to get radiant and smooth skin. Make sure to check the ingredients of the toner before buying. If you have any confusion, take the help of a dermatologist to select a face toner that suits your skin type. We hope you will find the information provided in this blog helpful for yourself. For getting such insightful tips and guides on skincare subscribe to our blog.