Everyone loves shiny and bouncy hair. Hair is what makes us look beautiful and confident. Whether your hair is long or short you need to care for it. The best way to nourish your hair is to oil the hair with the right type of oil. There are many types of hair oils available in the market but most people prefer to use coconut oil because it gives hair a shiny and glossy appearance. Coconut oil helps to make the hair strong from the roots and helps it to grow faster. There are also many other benefits of using coconut oil on the hair.
But on the other side, oiling the hair with Coconut oil could be challenging because it leaves a thick coating on the hair and could be difficult to wash out from the hair. In this blog, we will discuss some of the benefits and how to wash coconut oil out of the hair in the right manner. Let’s get started with this.
What Are The Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair?
The practice of using coconut oil to nourish the hair has been going on for many years as it provides many benefits to the hair. Coconut oil contains a natural substance called lauric acid which helps to promote growth in the hair. This oil gets absorbed into the hair very easily and helps in strengthening the roots. Coconut oil gives hair a natural texture and boosts the hair for a healthier look. Moreover, it is beneficial in a variety of ways, including:
- Reduce frizziness
- Moisture the hair
- Helps in reducing dandruff
- Repair hair
- Smoothen hair
- Lessen the split ends and breakage of the hair
How To Apply Coconut Oil To The Hair?
The use of coconut oil can help your hair to look more natural. Oiling can be done before washing the hair. Here are the following steps to use coconut oil on the hair:
- Before applying coconut oil, your hair should be dry and clean. Coconut oil absorbs easily in clean hair.
- Melt the oil if it is solid so that it will be easy for you to use it in the hair. Scoop out the solid oil in a bowl as needed and melt it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it completely melts down. Remember that the bowl you use for heating should be a microwave-safe bowl.
- Depending on the length of your hair, take a proper quantity of oil in a bowl and apply it over your hair.
- Pour a few drops of oil into your palm and apply it on the hair. Using your finger, apply the oil to the hair from the roots till the end of the hair.
- Gently massage the scalp for a few minutes with the oil using your fingers. Massaging the scalp promotes blood circulation and also helps to absorb oil in the scalp.
- After oiling with coconut oil, cover the hair with a shower cap to keep your hair from falling out on the other part of the face.
- Leave the oil on the hair for 30 minutes to one hour or more you want. The longer you leave it in the hair it will help to absorb it better.
- Wash the hair with a shampoo and then use a conditioner to keep the moisture in the hair. Using a towel, dry the hair so that the excess water can be absorbed.
Also, Read: How To Sleep After Keratin Treatment?
Why Is Removing Coconut Oil From Hair Important?
While oiling the hair with coconut oil has many benefits but leaving out the oil in the hair for a longer time could be a problem for you.
- Excess oil in the hair can make it look greasy and unhealthy. Sometimes the oil can make the scalp itchy and could increase the chances of infection and damage the hair.
- If the hair is oily it can absorb dust particles that can make the hair more dirty and look dull.
- Leaving coconut oil on the hair can block the pores of the scalp which can also cause hair fall.
- When you unwashed coconut oil from the hair it can even cause breakage of the hair which is why it’s so important to wash the hair.
What Is The Best Way To Remove Coconut Oil From Hair?
Coconut oil makes the hair look wavy and healthier due to the natural properties present in the oil but removing it from the hair could be difficult for you. You can try the following steps to remove the excess oil from the hair and get healthy and clean hair again.
Wash With A Clarifying Shampoo
A clarifying shampoo contains high amounts of chelating agents that help to remove the oils. Clarifying shampoo is better than regular shampoo as it does not contain sulfates. To remove the oils from the hair using clarifying shampoo you can follow the steps
- You can use this shampoo by applying it all over your hair, and scrub your scalp with your fingers so the oil can wash out from the roots of the hair easily.
- Leave the shampoo on the hair for 10 minutes so it can extract the oil from the hair.
- Rinse the shampoo with lukewarm water. You can repeat the process if needed because sometimes the hair gets too greasy that it doesn’t wash out properly in one wash.
- Clarifying shampoo should not be used on a regular basis as it can make the hair dry and frizzy.
Conditioning your hair is the final step of getting your hair to be done. Whether you use an ordinary or clarifying shampoo, always remember to use a good conditioner after you wash your hair.
- Conditioner helps to retain moisture in the hair that has been washed away by clarifying shampoo.
- Take a small amount of conditioner in your palm and apply it to the ends of the hair.
- You can leave the conditioner for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with normal water and then dry it out with a towel.
Air Dry Your hair
After a long process of washing off the hair to remove excess oil from the scalp, you should avoid heating tools to dry your hair. Heating tools can make your hair dry by extracting its natural oil and nutrients which can cause a negative effect on the hair. So instead of using the heating tools let it dry out naturally.
Use Dry Shampoo
If you want to fix your hair quickly from excess oil you can use a dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is used to remove oil from the hair without using water.
- You can spray directly into the roots to make it look oil free.
- Massage the scalp with your fingers after you spray it on the roots.
- Dry shampoo should also not be used regularly, use this shampoo only when you feel that your scalp is oily.
For You: What Is Hair Botox Treatment?
How To Wash Coconut Oil Out Of The Hair Naturally?
Using harsh shampoo to remove the coconut oil can make your hair look dry. If you want to avoid the chemical products you can use some of the home remedies to remove coconut oil from the hair. Here are a few effective home remedies that can help you get rid of coconut oil from your hair:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider helps to balance the pH level of the hair and helps to remove excess oil from the hair, you can use this solution by mixing it with water. In a spray bottle mix the equal amount of apple cider and water. Spray the solution on the hair and scalp, then leave it for a couple of minutes. Wash the hair with normal water.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is the most effective way to remove oil from the hair. To use this remedy, take 2 tablespoons of baking soda and mix it with water. Apply it all over your hair and scalp. Massage it with your fingers for 5 to 10 minutes and wash it thoroughly with water.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains a high amount of natural cleansing agents which can help remove excess oil from the hair naturally. You can use aloe vera by extracting its pulp from the leaf. On your hair and scalp, apply the aloe vera gel that you have extracted and massage with your fingers. Leave it on for 15–20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
4. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contains a lot of vitamins C which can also provide nutrients to the hair. Lemon contains an acidity agent which can easily remove coconut oil from the hair. You can use lemon juice by mixing it with water and applying it to the scalp and hair. Leave this in your hair for about 5 to 10 minutes. Wash out this solution with water.
5. Egg Whites
Egg whites contain protein which can also help to nourish your hair while removing the excess oil. To use egg whites on the hair first, separate the egg white from the yolk and apply the egg white to your hair and scalp. After 15 to 20 minutes, rinse it with water and let it air dry.
Also, Read: How To Reduce Bloating?
From the above information, you have learned that Coconut oil has many benefits for the hair. But excess coconut oil can also cause many problems for the hair. You may successfully reduce coconut oil from your hair and keep it from looking too oily and unhealthy by using the procedure mentioned above. We shared the steps on how to wash coconut oil out of the hair. The process will help you in making your hair look clean and healthy once again. If you find this guide helpful, feel free to share it with others. For more information, become a VIP member by signup to our newsletter.